About the Author
|Sherril L. Green, DVM, PhD, Diplomat ACVIM, is a professor in the Department of Comparative Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine. She earned her veterinary degree from Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine and completed her residency training in large animal medicine at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. She obtained her doctorate degree in neurobiology at the University of California-Davis and has a long established interest in the husbandry and veterinary care of laboratory Xenopus. Dr. Green has authored numerous papers on laboratory Xenopus and frequently gives presentations on this topic at professional meetings.
For more on Dr. Green’s research click here.
- Green, SL, Torreilles, S, and Bouley, DM. Gas Bubble Disease in a Large Colony of Laboratory South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis). In preparation. Jan 2008.
- Torreillis, S, and Green, SL. Covered Refuge Decreases the Incidence of Bite Wounds in Laboratory African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis). J Am Assoc Lab Animal Sci, 2007, Sept: 46(5): 33-6.
- Green, SL, Parker, JM, Bouley, DM, and Davis, C. Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome in Laboratory South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis). Journ Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci, 2007, 46(3): 64-67.
- Constineau, G, Bouley, DM, and Green, SL, Xenopus laevis Anatomy: Medical Illustrations, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, anatomical color poster, first print release, Oct, 2006.
- Green, SL. Caring for South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis): A Guide to Animals in the Classroom. Online: www.aalas.org. Nov,2004.
- Green, SL. Are Post-operative Analgesics Needed in Laboratory South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis) After Surgical Harvest of Oocytes? J Comparative Medicine 2003 53(3):12-15.
- Green, SL, and Bouley, DM. Thermal Shock in a Colony of Laboratory Xenopus laevis. Vet Record 2003 152:336-337.
- Green, SL, Bouley, DM, Joseling, C, and Fayer, R.: Cryptosporidiosis Associated with Emaciation and Proliferative Gastritis in Laboratory South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis). J Comp Med 2003 53:81-84.
- Green, SL. Factors Affecting Cogenesis in Laboratory Xenopus laevis. J Comp Med 2002 52: 307-311.
- Green, SL, Lifland, BD, Bouley, DM, Brown, BA, Wallace, RJ, Ferrell Jr., JE: Disease Attributed to Mycobacterium chelonae in South African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis). J Comp Med 2000 50:675-679.
- Green, SL, Waggie, K, Tolwani, RJ, Bouley, DM, Otto, G, Lifland, B: Identification and Management of an Outbreak of Flavobacterium meningosepticum in a Colony of Xenopus laevis. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1999 24(12):1833-1838.